Panel View Plus display only

dcam can you zip a FTVME (or are you using Studio) if its not proprietary.
I am not sure if the newer PV's can use multiple shortcuts in Enterprise to read
several PLC's but do know the 2711P does as I access multiple from one HMI.
Sounds like we just need to see how they disable the touch functions and you would just copy the screens you want. Do you want to be able to scroll through screens or just see the screen that "A" is on, on "B"

Sorry I am a little disoriented. The scenario is Multiple HMI's currently running, each with various screens which are duplicates of other HMI's currently running. on any particular HMI you want a duplicate screen to be a read only, Do you still have access on that screen to change screens.

Using studio. I cant send unfortunately, because of the unlikely chance of getting terminated. So every panel view program here has a navigation page (menu) allowing you to chose a multitude of processes. This is occurring on many panel views. I have been tasked with limiting access at certain stations to certain processes. I know how to assign user accesses...this is not what im trying to do here. I want certain screens to be read (observe) only. So the operator can see where a CIP is at but cannot input changes from his screen. So when you touch a pump for example, the MOA box doesn't pop up.

I am not familiar with the difference between Studio & Machine addition. I was hopping some of the other knowledgeable FTV programers would chime in.
I understand what you want to accomplish, But am unclear how this would be accomplished. You still need to be able to press the "MENU" screen selector.

I didn't read through all of the posts, but what I did in the past to keep one application that allowed read and write differently was to do two things. One, create an ID memory tag in the HMI, this is what defines who can do what. Have this password protected. Two, on each screen you want to protect drop an end key, make it large enough to cover everything. Make it transparent, then set the visibility based on the id. When it's visible any time they touch the screen nothing will happen.

This was a down and dirty explanation.

Every pump and valve in program is organized with a Manual-Off-Auto or Hand-Off-Auto. This is in the logic and the panel at every plant I have worked at. There are (for example) CIP control screens here that in addition to being in that CIP area, are far away where the process cant be physically seen. Some of these screens are monitor only except for main menu button. I open these screens in panel view and I open the exact screen for the process that you can input changes......side by side.....in factory talk view studio.....to compare.....and con find no difference in settings ,parameters, visibility, security...etc

what is diff

I compare exact program screens in side by side factory talk studio programs and cannot figure out what makes one non-interactable except for menu button?

A few things to check.

1. Do the Displays use parameter files?

The parameter files could be different depending on the HMI's location for each display.
Also check to see if your GOTO button has the Variable Display option checked.

2. Is the PLC writing to global connections?
Global Connections> Display tab.

They could be using the Close All on Top Display. They could be using the Replace Display Number or the Remote Display Number to allow the PLC to control or Monitor the screens that are open.
These options would require all Displays to have a unique number.

3. Are your Displays Replace or On Top.

If using On Top Then they could be using the Can not be replaced option. Which I believe would not allow and additional on top display to open.

The last option I think you could use would be the Application Documenter. This would allow you to compare the displays and tags used in each application. You'll find it under All Programs>Rockwell Software>Factory Talk View>Tools

Good luck with your project!

Is it possible that there's a transparent PB on top of the image, and that it is animated to be invisible in the applications that you say will not edit? It could be part of a group of objects. You can use the "object explorer" to look at what's in the group.

Open the two different projects side by side again and use the object explore to look for the trigger for the hoa popup.

The other suggestions above are also all good places to look.

keep us posted and let us know what this turns out to be.

Im sure its my fault but this is the first time here that I have gotten no real info on my issue. I work at a cheese/protein plant that is ran primarily by stand alone processors with networked panel views. There are many panel view stations all over the plant. These stations have many screens showing various processes. Some stations currently have screens that have access to changing things like routing and set points that they should not. I know in panel view there is a way to make screens display process data only...it is a setting or parameter that I cannot find. This is not in reference to one screen i want to limit access to but MANY screens.

The traditional method of making an HMI "View Only" is to give all the "button", "data-entry" etc. objects a RunTime security setting based on operator login.

I would not go down the route of having 2 different HMI's, I would just limit access with security. It gives you a backup HMI if you ever need one.