different control sources powerflex 525

Prayder

Lifetime Supporting Member
we have a powerflex 525 speed reference 1 set to 0-10 v input and speed reference 2 set to ethernet ip but when enabled in the program the drive still runs off the set speed of the potentiometer. We are wanting the main control source to be the pot but when a foot switch is pushed for the outfeed frequency to change to a preset speed we determine in the plc. The pot is wired directly to the drive.

Unfortunately none of those have worked for me. I am at a loss. I know there is a way to control drive speed from a potentiometer(main) and through ethernet(alternate).

Is the foot pedal going into the drives DI that is set to change source1 to source2? If so, stupid question, but have you verified that the DI is wired correctly, the DI is set to source select, and that the DI is actually getting turned on when you push the pedal.

Is the foot pedal going into the drives DI that is set to change source1 to source2? If so, stupid question, but have you verified that the DI is wired correctly, the DI is set to source select, and that the DI is actually getting turned on when you push the pedal.

Not sure what you mean by drives DI.

Is the footswitch going into a PLC?

If not, and you can wire up the footswitch to the drive, I know that anything you have wired to the DI terminals will override the POT on the drive.

If the switch is going to the PLC. How are you telling the drive to switch to source1 or source2?
It would be either:
1. A DO from the PLC toggles a DI on the drive. The drive DI is then programmed to be source 1/2 selector.
2. Communications from the PLC sets the source 1/2 selection in the drive.