Kinetix 300 versus Ultra 3000

Switek

Hi all,
I am new to motion control and just wondering, what are the differences between those to drives.
I need to find out which of the drives will meet my requirements. The application is to control the stroke of dosing pump, so as I can imagine there is only one axis to control, which would indicate to me that Kinetix 300 can do it.
Does Kinetix 300 need external encoder which has to be conneced to the PLC separatelly or is it in-built to the drive?

Rockwell engineer when went to site proposed Ultra 3000 with the sercos module ect.

Are there any specific reasons why Ultra 3000 will be better than Kinetix 300?

I went trough the manuals and to be honest I can't see the reason for using Ultra 3000.

To what application Kinetix is mostly used and to what application Ultra 3000?

Thanks in advance for any hints,
Switek