RS232 to Ethernet to Database to WinCC

JTRACK

:unsure:Hi guys,
Can someoene please assist with some know how on how to setup and populate data from RS232 devices into a data base and process in WinCC?

The RS-232 to ethernet is hardware. The other part is software.

For the hardware part, there are devices called serial servers or serial gateways that convert serial to ethernet. I've found that if the serial data is Modbus, it pays to buy one with the Modbus option.

They're setup with a utility provided with the product or even Telnet.

These devices are available from vendors like HMS Anybus, Digi or Lantronix and probably a dozen others.

I'll let others deal with Win CC.

Similar Topics

Hey Everyone, I need to Interface Ignition SCADA ethernet network to an Allen Bradley SLC5/04 Serial RS232 DF1. Has anyone out there found a low...
Replies
Views
has anyone used an anybus module or some sort of serial to ethernet converter with a control logix plc? If so how did you translate/parce specific...
Replies
Views
Okay here we go. I am new to this and I need to know the easiest method to mate an Micrologix 1100 to and Automation Direct with RS232. I have a...
Replies
Views
I have been using 1761 NET-ENI on my old SLC systems (1747-L532E) Does anyone recommend anything different, Besides changing the processors to...
Replies
Views
ok I'm setting up a new system AB1400 with a 10" maple system HMI what the pros and cons of using ethernet or rs232 to link them together...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom