text to morse code

If you worked with RSLogix then ladder logic in TIA is very similar. Basic instructions like mov, add, ton works the same so you should be able to figure out something simple relatively easy.

Much to my disgust they even added the Calculate instruction.

exactly, but as hard as I am trying, I cant find anything simple to solve this task

Seen these?
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=85538
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=113721

What is wrong when I want to show I am able to find solution even when I do not have needed knowledge in my head?

:unsure:

Nothing if you are saying that you can find from google that.

If you are only copying anothers effort and showing that you have done it, not good at all. Show what you have done allready or code with RSLogix.

Basically if you can code something with one PLC, then it should not be big step to convert it to another PLC brand

I thought this forum is to help each other when someone is stuck, apparently not. So thanks for all *****ing around, I will find a way alone.

I thought this forum is to help each other when someone is stuck, apparently not. So thanks for all *****ing around, I will find a way alone.

You are not wrong... plenty of stuck people get help from this forum everyday. However you came here saying you didn't even program anything. Do you expect us to do what exactly?

A lot of the links posted were specifically what you are trying to do too... that wasn't enough to get a route?

Wow.
YOU are looking for a job.
YOU need to prove your skills.
YOU have done no work, made no effort.
YOU want us to hand you a solution so that YOU can get hired?

And then YOU get angry because we won't hand you code on a silver platter?

Not impressed...

You want to be a hotshot?

Make the program that does text to morse and have it output to a light.

Then make a program that reads morse through a photo eye to print text on the HMI.

also:

> RTFM <

I think that there were several useful posts intended to give you a push in the right direction.
But no-one should give you a ready finished solution.
That would be plain cheating.

I would go at this like any real project.

What are you trying to do? (text to morse is one thing, but how is said text coming into your system).
Tackle it step by step. (Input one character, push a button and run the program)
Then figure out how to extract each character out of a string.

Hi Boneless

Do not believe the OP will be returning any time soon.

He appeared to be a bit disgruntled at some of the replies he was generating.

But I guess it does not hurt to try.

All these threads about text to morse code, what's the fuzz about? Do anyone actually use a function like this?

Read this thread and the earlier one along with som ome old, then I had to solve it myself, but in another system than asked for. I guess it was kind of a good exercise or time lost forever..