EasyBuilder Pro Security settings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFYz7LHa-o

That is the video I used to get me over the slump. The language is documented in the user manual, though it is very cryptic, just like the rest of the Weintek documentation. You essentially have three steps:

Create macro in editor
Write macro in the stored location
Run macro

There are various ways to run a macro, that video covers that. Generally, the macro is a list of explicit statements that accomplishes something. No semi-colons at the end and straight forward. Easybuilder has a list of functions you can use.

If you are registered with Maple System (This is FREE) you can download the "MACRO MANUAL" this explains each and every procedure and gives examples of each.

This would be where I would start!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxFYz7LHa-o

That is the video I used to get me over the slump. The language is documented in the user manual, though it is very cryptic, just like the rest of the Weintek documentation. You essentially have three steps:

Create macro in editor
Write macro in the stored location
Run macro

There are various ways to run a macro, that video covers that. Generally, the macro is a list of explicit statements that accomplishes something. No semi-colons at the end and straight forward. Easybuilder has a list of functions you can use.

Macros use different commands to get certain stuff done right liks cmd prompt in windows? Like what are all the commands that can be used and what do they mean like GotoScr = 20//This is the screen you want to jump to SetData(GotoScr what dose the Scr mean and when to use it GotoScr? what does the = stand for setdata? I watched that video before but it did tell me what I need to know.

Greg,

Here is a macro I created to synchronize the time & date from the HMI to the PLC.

In this macro, you are getting data from the HMI and sending it to the PLC.
I have the macro set to Periodic Execution and run it every 30 seconds.

macro_command main()
unsigned int a
GetData(a, "Local HMI", LW, 9021, 1)//MONTH
SetData(a, "Siemens S7-200", VW, 616, 1)
GetData(a, "Local HMI", LW, 9020, 1)//DAY
SetData(a, "Siemens S7-200", VW, 620, 1)
GetData(a, "Local HMI", LW, 9022, 1)//YEAR
SetData(a, "Siemens S7-200", VW, 624, 1)
GetData(a, "Local HMI", LW, 9019, 1)//HOUR
SetData(a, "Siemens S7-200", VW, 628, 1)
GetData(a, "Local HMI", LW, 9018, 1)//MINUTE
SetData(a, "Siemens S7-200", VW, 632, 1)
GetData(a, "Local HMI", LW, 9017, 1)//SECOND
SetData(a, "Siemens S7-200", VW, 636, 1)
GetData(a, "Local HMI", LW, 9023, 1)//DAY OF WEEK
SetData(a, "Siemens S7-200", VW, 640, 1)

end macro_command

Unless your application is super critical on time, accessing an NTP server every 30 seconds my get you blocked by that server. You should read about using their server before you access every 30 seconds.

I do this exact same thing to keep my Allen Bradley Plcs time sync. But I only access NTP server every 6 hours.

This is just for your information.

I appreciate it!

I'm only accessing the NTP server every 12 hours.

Sending Time & Date (LW) from HMI to PLC every 30 seconds.