A Free HMI with Eye Catching Graphics is Now Available

Thanks tried both, im most likely missing something very obvious,
I posted a few screen shots just in case
Is RSLinx able to communicate with the controller? What is your baud rate? The AUTO baud rate does not cover every possible baud rate, just the ones used 99% of the time.

What error message do you get on the control?

For any of the ControlLogix/CompactLogix users, there is a new version of AdvancedHMI available, version 3.99a, with a CLX driver that is now faster than any other driver on the market. Some simple tests with a CompactLogix L35E has shown a 1000 DINT tag read completes in 44ms. And a form with 5 BasicLabels can refresh in an average of every 5ms.

Comparing this to the next fastest driver I could find that would allow a 1000 DINT read, the result was 55ms. This makes the new AdvancedHMI driver 20% faster than the next fastest driver.

Another notable feature of this new driver is the GetTagList function now retrieves Program scope tags also.

...Some simple tests with a CompactLogix L35E has shown a 1000 DINT tag read completes in 44ms.

Just curious, how good is your driver with v21+ firmware and complex nested UDT's? The v21 changes seemed to cause havoc with everyone except Kepware since I believe they worked directly w/Rockwell on it.

Just curious, how good is your driver with v21+ firmware and complex nested UDT's? The v21 changes seemed to cause havoc with everyone except Kepware since I believe they worked directly w/Rockwell on it.
The latest version I have deployed apps against is version 20. I don't have any setup to test the newer version with. I'm not sure if other users are running later than version 20 with AdvancedhMI, but I have not had any reports of problems.

The latest version I have deployed apps against is version 20. I don't have any setup to test the newer version with. I'm not sure if other users are running later than version 20 with AdvancedhMI, but I have not had any reports of problems.

I hope this hasn't been asked already and I just missed it, am I able to use Visio 2010 for this?

Interesting, I did not know that was possible. I have only ever used Visio to draw flow charts. How do you get a Visio document to be active and communicate with a PLC?

Ooops, sorry for the misunderstanding. I was asking if it is possible to run this with Visio 2010. I am at the MSDN website and searching for the program you reference in the video.

Hello again. I think I am following the instructions on the .pdf but am getting no results. I attached a couple screenshots to see if I am doing something wrong. The one shows what my .zip file contains because it doesn't have the file you speak of in the video. Thank you.
I did notice your ComComponent was DF1Com4, which means that 4 drivers must have been added to the form. Below the form, check to make sure DF1Com4 is the only item there. If so, select it and check to make sure the right COM port is set.

Since you are using a COM port, make sure RSLinx is completely shut down so AdvancedHMI can get access to the COM port.

Do you get any errors on the DigitalPanelMeter when you run the application?

You may also want to try a BasicLabel with PLCAddressValue set to T4:0.ACC. If there is a long error message, the BasicLabel will be able to show it all.