Need Help Connecting to PLC Through Ethernet

DanWalter

Hi,
I've never written a program to gather data from a PLC before so I'm very new to this. I've found a lot of information about the DF1 protocol on the internet, but have yet to find any sample source code about how to connect to the PLC. I was wondering if anyone had any sample source they could share, or any good resources to get me started. Here is my situation:

I have a MicroLogix 1500 PLC connected to a 1761-NET-ENI ethernet adapter. I would prefer to write my program using PHP, but failing that, C or C++.

If anyone could share a small code example of connecting via ethernet to a PLC using any language, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Dan

PHP? I doubt it.

I bet you didn't search the web for "Allen Bradley Ethernet Library".

Berni, what difference does it make if he is communicating to PC, HMI, motion controller or another PLC? We use CSP ( AB older Ethernet protocol ) to communicate with our motion controllers. I don't see how the protocol would change. I doubt PHP is supported on any of these devices except for the PC.

If you could manage to establish communication to a ML1500 via a NET-ENI, only with PHP I am sure that many others would like to hear about it.

If you could accept an ActiveX component, then you have many choices of programming languages (I dont know if PHP is one of them).
There are several suppliers of ActiveX drivers that support DF1 protocol via NET-ENI.
Automated Solutions are one of them.

Hi,

Sorry for my english,

You can find a C library for linux and
a delphi component for windows on my site : http://leicht.free.fr

it's free.

it's a small implementation of df1 protocol for RS232 port.

a php example exist in the linux file.

Stephane

Everyone, thanks for your help on this.

I'm going to take the information you provided to try and create a PHP class to connect to the PLC.

If I have any success, I'll let you know.

Thanks again,
Dan