Converting a decimal number to HEX.

NoName

Can I convert a decimal nubmer to HEX in step 7,and if it is,would you please guide me through it(wich function tu use,and so on...)

I have to send a HEX value to a motion control inverter.I cannot send a decimal value unfortunatley.The Decimal value is to be entered in a OP(C7 635), and then it should be converted and sent to the motion control inverter.

Thank you.
>Ales<

Last edited:
Do you need to send a STRING in hex?

16 or 32 bit integers/words have no actual differences between decimal and hex.

Decimal Integer 15 = Binary 0000 1111 = Hex 0F

Yes i need to send a string.

I've configured a inputfield in Protool,so that it send a double intiger to step7 and then this word is sent forward to the motion control.The sent word is distance in mm.And i think that it should work.
Thank you.I'll check back if there are any problems.
>Ales<