You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old August 5th, 2022, 07:26 PM   #1
Cydog
United States

Fanuc Robot Heads - Have any of you tried Wireless I/O ?

Good Evening ,

We have had a problem with some broken I/O wires on a Fanuc Robot. I'm sure we just need to rerun some cables , but I was wondering ..... Have any of you tried to use Wireless I/O from the robot base to the head , and eliminate most of the wiring ?

Thanks
Old August 6th, 2022, 08:37 AM   #2
Liam Moran
Lifetime Supporting Member
Ireland

Yes I have done this. You won't eliminate everything, you will still need to bring 24V+ and 0V to power up stuff and and of course compressed air.
It is an expensive option, so recent times I keep all the electrics and valves grouped together on the arm and just bring a loom of polyeurethane pipes down onto the gripper. It is easy enough to do this and if a pipe is damaged it is not a hi tech job to fix it.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum