You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old August 5th, 2022, 02:05 PM   #1
Aaron222
United States

PME 9.5 QP+ Numeric Display problem

I am working to upgrade old QuickPanel screens to modern QuickPanel+ screens in machines.

In Proficy Machine Edition 9.5 SIM 28 I converted a QuickPanel project into a QuickPanel+ project and downloaded to the new QP+. Some of the NDD boxes don't display numbers and instead display hashes (##). I found that in the QP project, they have defined an NDD as 2 digits and assigned it to a variable in the PLC containing a 4 digit INT. The QP displays the last two digits (i.e. of a number 1234 it displays 34). The QP+ just displays ##. How can I modify the NDD in the QP+ project to display digits 34 instead of ##?

I am not able to change the PLC code to do math on the value first and make it only 2 digits.

Thanks
Old August 5th, 2022, 04:06 PM   #2
Steve Bailey
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

The NDD objects are considered holdovers from the old Quick Panel and their use is not encouraged. You can get better functionality by using the animation options for a text string. The only thing you'll lose is the look of the old NDD object. If that's important to you, it isn't too difficult to recreate it with a static bitmap image.
Old Today, 06:29 AM   #3
Aaron222
United States

Under "Dynamic Tools" the only text object I see is Text Data Display or TDD. When I create a new object as a TDD and assign it my variable I get an error for Invalid Variable Used, which makes sense to me since I assigned a DINT to a Text object. I tried changing the Variable Data Type to String (from DINT) but the error persists.

How can I use a string to display my variable?

Thanks
Old Today, 09:12 AM   #4
Steve Bailey
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Just put some text on the screen and double click on it to bring up the animation properties screen. Under the "Value" tab, click the check box to enable value animation.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum