GE FANUC VersaMax IC200UEM001

sjohnson

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Day and Merry Christmas.. I have a IC200UDR140 Fitted with a IC200UEM001 Ethernet Module. I am looking at setting up Modbus/TCP communications. I have set up the Ethernet Module with the Modbus Driver with PumpKIN not sure if it is correct but can post a screenshot. But first question I have is
1.) There is different instruction in the GFK-1645L section 14.6. not the same COMM_REQ I am accustomed to in the 9030 and RX3i Modbus /TCP it has the MODBUS TCP RW instruction. Not familiar with this and is the only manual that explains this just in the few short sections of the 1645L manual. Is there a separate communications manual or Modbus /TCP or Ethernet manual like the rx3i or 9030.
2.) Reading the Excerpt From :HERE
and what I read in the GFK-2436H that the Ethernet module is a passthrough or bridge. Because on the Hardware Settings and the Port 2 Ethernet Tab it is setup as RTU. I am going from a 9030 with a Snyder TSXETG100 RTU to TCP Bridge. The document talks about the RTU Serial settings and Station address which is all being setup in the TSXETG100. is this Ethernet module being the bridge from serial to TCP not quite grasping the function here.. thanks.. Regards Shawn

GFK-1503 is the old VersaMax Users Manual (now replaced by GFK-1645L), you might find something useful there. I'm not sure if there is a specific manual for VersaMax series comms like there is for the 90 series and RX3i.

Looking at GFK-1645L pages 294 onward, Modbus TCP RW block kind of reminds me of how a Horner RTM705 would be configured in a 90/30 except the slave control blocks, message control blocks, comm reqs, etc are all contained in the Modbus TCP RW block. The examples starting on page 300 look pretty straight forward, just make sure all of your parameters are correct.

Thanks for the Replys, I have been looking at those pages of the GFK-1645 pretty vague but was hoping for an different manual like there was for coms for the 9030 ect. there was a couple extra manuals for Modbus commands also. I guess It will be trial and error.. Heavy on the trial and error.
I doo see now in
14.6.7.5 Examples for MODBUS_TCP_RW that the IP is stored in 4 words so that's a start.. and it doesn't say but I am guessing that the T bits are still a one shot.. I'm sure ill be back after I get some instructions down might be easier to get a test setup with one instruction first. doesn't look like I need to open channel or Comm_Req so that is a bonus.. Regards.. Thanks a bunch and Have a Merry Christmas.

I am guessing that the T bits are still a one shot
Regardless of the discrete memory area you use, the bits that trigger COMREQ instructions should always be one shots. COMREQs executing in No Wait mode may take more than a single scan to complete. If you trigger the same COMREQ in subsequent logic scans, you run the risk of overflowing a buffer and discarding pending COMREQs.
Although the example you cited was for a COMREQ that's new to you, as far as I know, those you are familiar with are still available.

Steve thanks for the reply, The biggest question I had was it looks like the MODBUS TCP RW instruction that is used now for the Versamax UDR140 with the UEM001 that you no longer use the open channel command nor com requests and on page 300 of GFK-1645L it shows the T bit on the EX so I assume that this would also be a one shot to trigger the Modbus_TCP_RW or execute the instruction in place of the comm_REQ...