Saia pcd4

georgeawny

Good morning.

I have SAIA PCD4 PLC system (kindly see the attached photo). I need to upload the program to be a backup in case of any malfunction happen to the CPU.

So, could you support me with information about the software I should use and the connection cable to PC?!

Thanks

SAIA_system.jpg

Hi georgeawny
You will need a cable Pcd8.K111. Google will give you the configuration.

You need PG5.1.4.300 +patch 15 + possibly a driver update.

You will find it here: https://www.sbc-support.com/en/product-index/archive/pg5-controls-suite/pg5-14/pg5-14-suite/

This version is obsolete, and the latest version for Pcd4. It runs on Win2k/XP/Win7.
You should be able to download /install it free for 90days. Later versions (PG5.2.xxx will not support Pcd4!)

Bardes

Thanks all for your support. :site:

I uploaded the file successfully (xxxx.upl), but how can i open it to see the code and how can i re-download it to another CPU?!!! :confused:

Appreciate your support a lot. Thanks.

The xxxx.upl is a compiled file that you can download directly. You may fx use a command from the debugger: F(ile) and then L(oad) to download the file.

The file contains no symbol names or program text, but can be disassembeled to .src code or text. You will find it under Tools.

The readabillity may depend on how it was programmed.
Bardes

Hello

Can anybody help me related to the above topic?!

How can i re-download the uploaded file (x.upl) to PCD4.M11?!

I need steps to do it in PG5 1.4

Your help is really appreciated