tsx 17 software PL7-2

JCB

Hello
I have to restore a backup program into a machine fitted with a tsx17 plc.
I have the leads but no software.
I have all the windows software but all this is aimed at TSX37 upwards.
Can someone email it to me it is the tsx17 dos based version PL7-2

THANKS

I need to do this asap as our machine is out of service.

The TSX17 is an old Telemecanique PLC.
There are two softwares to program it.
If a TSX17-10 it can only be programmed in statement list and has there own software.
If is a TSX17-20 it can be programmed in statement list or in ladder. (IF the PLC has a programming cartridge, then is ladder).
The software for the TSX37 CAN NOT be used to the TSX17.

Regards,
MifPT

I Have this software package at home in Ireland, but I am working in the UK at the moment.
If you have no luck from anyone else I can get it sent to me from a friend.
Is there one or two cartridges in the PLC? The cartridges normally have a flap cover hinged at the top, if you lift the flap you can read the label on the cartridge. If there is a cartridge in the right slot, then this is usually an EEPROM which you can use to transfer the program to another PLC.
As MifPT pointed out the TSX 37 program (I presume this is PL7 Junior or PRo )will not work for you as it is from a newer family. Incidentally there is a tool in PL7 Junior to convert the .BIN file from the TSX17 to the new format used on the TSX 37, but you first need to extract the file from the TSX17

Hello,
I kindly ask if there any other way to connect to TSX17 28 and make a backup of the software inside, I just tested Automgen V8, and connected successfully but I can't upload anything to the PC, the connection is only one way PC->PLC, I need PC<-PLC, I found some other topics talking about an OS2 Xtel Pl72 software, but without a trace on the whole net! could some one suggest any ideas please.
Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards.

PL7 connection

Hello,
I kindly ask if there any other way to connect to TSX17 28 and make a backup of the software inside, I just tested Automgen V8, and connected successfully but I can't upload anything to the PC, the connection is only one way PC->PLC, I need PC<-PLC, I found some other topics talking about an OS2 Xtel Pl72 software, but without a trace on the whole net! could some one suggest any ideas please.
Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards.

To connect to the TSX17 20 series you will need a cable and the PL72 software.
The PL72 software runs on OS2, BUT, there is a version to run in DOS.
The best way to make it work is to create a virtual DOS machine and then run the PL72 inside.

MifPT

Thank you MifPT for your reply,
I've just setup PL72 on Virtual PC 2007 and FreeDOS, that I managed to install by myself and I don't know if I did the right choice, and everytime I type pl72.pif or pl72 to start the PL72 software I get the "command not found" error message, despite I edited the pl72.pif with the right paths, I'll try in a while with Virtual PC 2007 and MSDOS 7.1 and post feedback here.
Best Regards

Hello,
Well, I am running PL72 under MS-DOS7.1 but the communication driver for DUNTLW01.SYS is missed so I can't connect the PLC

Hello again,
I loaded the driver with config.sys and now I get the error "Driver Initialization Error" everytime I try to connect the PLC, any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Hello again,
I loaded the driver with config.sys and now I get the error "Driver Initialization Error" everytime I try to connect the PLC, any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

hi universe. I'm trying to download the PL-1 or PL-2 to program an old TSX17-20, wich I have to replace with a new one. May you please send it to me? I just need to download the program from the PLC to translate it into a new one.. thank you in advance!

hi universe. I'm trying to download the PL-1 or PL-2 to program an old TSX17-20, wich I have to replace with a new one. May you please send it to me? I just need to download the program from the PLC to translate it into a new one.. thank you in advance!
Hello sorry for this delayed reply, you mean the PL72 software, if you still need it just PM me your email address.

PL7-2 software

Dear all,

Could anyone help me and send a link to software fopr PL7-2 DOS version?
I got an old TSX and would need to retrieve a program from eeprom.

Any help appreciated.

My email: [email protected]

best regards,
Manuel