FactoryTalk View Studio library object

Latzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Gents,

Just wondering if anyone would have any idea where I could find a nice looking gauge object I can import into a FTView Studio application ? The ones in the library are not very good looking and the Symbol Factory has nothing at all!!

Could someone point me somewhere I could download some of these ? Or buy some?

I am trying to avoif spending two days to build one from scratch :)

What type of gauge do you want? Rotary dial, digital display, linear, or what? You can take nearly any picture of the fanciest "good-looking" rotary gauge you have ever seen, and add your own gauge pointer and Rotation-animation tag to it.

Hi Lancie. Indeed I could . But not without getting the gauge scale right first.I just wanted a rotary dial gauge which is decent looking. Sounds straight forward and easy but it's not.

For a guy that wants a nice-looking gauge, this one probably falls short!

Rotarty Gauge.jpg

Attachments

• Rotary Gauge.ZIP
    14.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
There are a few application written in C # which use libraries with very nice looking objects. I just cannot afford to put in the midst of that a gauge like the one in the FTView library. I can indeed download any gauge but I need to work on the image to get the scale right etc..

I sure wish I could see an example of what you want. I could probably build you one like it.

On second thought, life is too short for that kind of aggrevation!

Rockwell used to sell years ago several ActiveX packages. One was RSGuage. It was very nice don't know why they dropped support.

The thing that comes to mind is when you drive a Mercedes, you can't use cheap anything. Pay the price or stay home. I always went with the most basic graphics possible. It saved a lot of hassles with not having to go for a certain "look". Conveyed the information, and if they instead wanted to see art, I directed them to the nearest gallery.

I strongly disagree Lancie.As I said I have 4 monitors each displaying various metrics from a drilling rig.All software using libraries which are out of the nearest "art gallery". I cannot come with the gauge in the Rockwell library and put it in the middle. It will simply look out of place. It's only common sense my friend.The functionality would be perfectly ok no question about that but it will stand out. I don't want my work to stand out. I want it to blend in.With the objects in the standard library in FTView I will stand out for all the wrong reasons...

I cannot come with the gauge in the Rockwell library and put it in the middle. It will simply look out of place.
I bet it would. But if you had not used the art-gallery stuff, your life would right now be simpler. It is hard to put the genie back in the bottle.

Ok. The existing "art-gallery" applications were developed by a Canadian company. This is an add-on which I have to integrate into the existing system using FTView as this is what the client specified....