You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 26th, 2020, 12:39 PM   #286
Timbert
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamenges View Post
I must say the Dyson method makes sense. You get around specific manufacturing requirements by designing and making it using the processes you currently have in place.
Yeah, this makes a lot more sense then trying to get an automotive assembly plant trying to turn them out. Still I imagine it is quite a leap from vacuum cleaners to ventilators. I wish 'em luck.
Old March 26th, 2020, 12:40 PM   #287
Elcan
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryting View Post
I don't know how rest of the world is looking but there's still severe shortage of test here in the US. It's going to be key to defeat the outbreak but I just don't see a lot of efforts on that front.
Without tests we are almost blind.
You may laugh at me, but we should get to a point that every person tests itself at home every day. Without a vaccine in less than 1 year, no effective treatments, and the uncertainty that you get immunity after recovering, we are exposed to new waves of the virus.
Old March 26th, 2020, 12:57 PM   #288
kamenges
United States

Elcan, are you advocating that this testing be done until a vaccine is available? In a year? That means 120 trillion tests in the US alone; yes, with a T. Or are you just referring to the generally accepted 14-day incubation period? Because that is a mere 4.6 billion tests, with a B. And that testing cycle provides no guarantee that CoVid-19 will stay gone.

I think we can find other more scientifically and statistically directed ways to spend those resources. I must say that your method would definitely identify all cases though.

Keith
Old March 26th, 2020, 01:04 PM   #289
mister x
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbert View Post
Yeah, this makes a lot more sense then trying to get an automotive assembly plant trying to turn them out. Still I imagine it is quite a leap from vacuum cleaners to ventilators. I wish 'em luck.
Isn't it our job to make it happen?
Old March 26th, 2020, 01:20 PM   #290
Timbert
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcan View Post
You may laugh at me, but we should get to a point that every person tests itself at home every day.
I agree we need more, test, track, and treat but yeah I'm sorry the notion that adults who were mostly asleep in high school biology would and could self administer a test for corona virus is laughable.

Just yesterday the state authorities here had to walk back the news of the first COVID-19 death in the state because the results were 'misread.'
Old March 26th, 2020, 01:31 PM   #291
Elcan
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamenges View Post
Elcan, are you advocating that this testing be done until a vaccine is available? In a year? That means 120 trillion tests in the US alone; yes, with a T. Or are you just referring to the generally accepted 14-day incubation period? Because that is a mere 4.6 billion tests, with a B. And that testing cycle provides no guarantee that CoVid-19 will stay gone.

I think we can find other more scientifically and statistically directed ways to spend those resources. I must say that your method would definitely identify all cases though.

Keith
Yes, I said you would laugh at me...
However, if the tests as mass produced, I think that the cost of one test per person could outperform the cost in lives and the economy almost shut down.
What I am not sure about is how soon you test positive once you get infected. Or, how soon you can spread it once you get infected. My 24 hour window could be too wide.
Old March 26th, 2020, 01:32 PM   #292
Elcan
United States

Quote:
I agree we need more, test, track, and treat but yeah I'm sorry the notion that adults who were mostly asleep in high school biology would and could self administer a test for corona virus is laughable.

Just yesterday the state authorities here had to walk back the news of the first COVID-19 death in the state because the results were 'misread.'
Again, I said you would laugh at me.
However, the test shouldn't be that hard to administer. Something like swapping and applying a reactive?
Old March 26th, 2020, 01:34 PM   #293
geniusintraining
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Its going to take something out of the ordinary like this https://finance.yahoo.com/news/henry...121500079.html

The same old same old thing will not work and we need someone to get very lucky and stumble onto something

allscott, I wish you the best and will be praying for you, hope you stay clear of any danger
www.PLCCable.com PLC Communication Cables, PLC Trainers, MicroLogix, ControlLogix, Siemens, Allen Bradley and more...OEM and aftermarket supplies... Aftermarket 1784-U2DHP Allen Bradley USB to DH+, new USB to 485 modbus
Old March 26th, 2020, 01:49 PM   #294
allscott
Canada

Quote:

After hearing about the miracle cure Chloroquine being touted as pretty much a cure from the man in charge some genius in Arizona decided since it was an ingredient in his fish tank cleaner he should maybe try eating it with predictably news worthy results.

Things are going to get ugly folks and I'm a lot more worried about my friends south of the border than I am about the ones north of it for a variety of reasons and I've lived on both sides.
Old March 26th, 2020, 03:11 PM   #295
harryting
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Well, we got first confirmed case at work,

Also, the in-law of a coworker is on the ventilator, right now.

Be safe. All the plants are now going on alternate crew schedule.

The curve is bending now with social isolation but we got a way to go.
Old March 26th, 2020, 03:51 PM   #296
drbitboy
United States

The last I heard, although it was at least a week ago, was that the test looks for Corona virus anti-bodies, so the time of detection would be days after infection initial contagious stage, and testing becomes a tool more for feedback than for feed-forward control (my paraphrase there, but suitable to this congregation).
Old March 26th, 2020, 04:11 PM   #297
Ron Beaufort
United States

here's a link that might be interesting at this point of the discussion ...

https://www.foxnews.com/health/fda-a...e-it-in-action

there's some expensive looking automation going on at about the 1:00 minute mark into the included video ...

stay well, folks ...

2-B ?
Best regards, ----+----] [----+------------( )----
Ron | |
PLC Training Boot Camp - Retired | 2-B |
+----]/[----+

I once was lost, but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

Old March 26th, 2020, 04:47 PM   #298
drbitboy
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Beaufort View Post
here's a link that might be interesting at this point of the discussion ...

Notice: Cepheid stock has been delisted and is no longer actively trading. Cepheid is now a division of Danaher Corporation (NYSEHR).

We're too late!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot from 2020-03-26 17-43-43.png (112.7 KB, 159 views)
Old March 26th, 2020, 04:49 PM   #299
drbitboy
United States

Too much time on my hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbitboy View Post
[...now a division of Danaher Corporation (NYSEHR)[...]

Is that Red Will Danaher?

Eff-A-Haitch-Why - No E Squir-een Danaher!

Oh gosh, I found the clip!

Oh my, GoogleJoy: Dermot Fahy was played by Ken Curtis, who also played Festus on Gunsmoke!

Last edited by drbitboy; March 26th, 2020 at 05:02 PM. Reason: add clip
Old March 28th, 2020, 03:48 PM   #300
JaxGTO
United States

I just let my distributor know that if anyone in my area that makes what hospitals desperately need, that I am volunteering my time for any automation help I can give them.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum