Medoc 1.64

rphillip

Hello again,

I apologise for what may be dumb questions, but my experience has been with microcontrollers and I'm fairly new to PLCs.

I'm having problems transfering a program to a FX-128 using Medoc version 1.64. I have a couple of questions for the group regarding this. Per Eric's advice I downloaded a manual but it covers Medoc
Plus which is different.

1} Does the FX need to be in the start mode to transfer files?

2) The FX has a memory module - is this EEPROM or Flash that is
automatically overwritten when a program change is transfered
to the PLC?

3) Is Medoc Plus available for download or must it be purchased?

Medoc Plus has become GX IEC Developer and is a different package designed to comply to IEC 61131.

MEDOC 1.63 is the old DOS based package that ran to version 2.3 and was then superceded, ver 2.3 will run through Windows 95/98, but version 1.63 will not.

I suspect your problem is that you are running MEDOC through the DOS Prompt in Windows which will not work, you need to reboot to DOS or get hold of ver 2.3.

Steve Case.