Factorytalk security with V20

Hi All,

from time to time, we get the difficulty with a prompt for Factorytalk login on V20 of RSLogix5000

While searching for solutions that actually work, I found this:
FactoryTalk Services 2.50.00 (CPR9 SR5): Patch to FactoryTalk Services addressing account logins
492403 | Date Created: 05/18/2012 | Last Updated: 01/28/2015
Access Level: Everyone

Slow logins with FactoryTalk Services Platform 2.50.00 (CPR9 SR5) can cause RSLogix 5000 to take a long time to start.

Solution

The attached patch fixes the problem in SR5.

Installation

This patch is required on all machines that have FactoryTalk Services Platform installed. Two install options are provided:

An auto install (uses a Setup BAT file)
A manual install.

Has anybody tried this - does it work with security login, or does it just speed up the launching of RS5000?

Just wanted to check before I tried it....cheers John