s5 splitting segmant to be veiwed as ladder from stl

craig61

hi

does anyone out there have an easy way of splitting none translatable segmants in s5 so i can veiw them as ladder for easier use by ab users i understand some still will not be able to be veiwed as ladder, but i would like to see if i can do as much as possible so i was wondering if there is quite a quick way of doing it.

thanks
carig

Craig,

what Seppo means is that BLD255 is the instruction which marks the end of every network. You insert a new line in the STL program where you want to split and subsequently put BLD255 in that line. Three asterixes should do as well.

The way I see things: if you need to do this, then the program was poorly written to start with. I always tell my trainees to write as much as possible in ladder. That way you're not stuck to Siemens (as ladder is much less brand-specific), more people can read your program and nobody has to do the dirty work of adapting the program as you have to do now.

Kind regards and good luck,