Intouch and PLC5 Conversion

asterof

As some of you know I been converting a PLC5 project to
Contrologix. Now I have read that when using Intouch 10.1
talking to a PLC5 that you can use the RSLogix5000
Logix/ MAP PLC/SLC Messages to direct data scans from the
Intouch Database to the Contrologix Tags without having to
change the Intouch database tags very much.
Anyone done this and had success with it.
Thanks

Was on a site like this yesterday. The conversion utility converts PLC data files into CLX arrays. The resulting PLC code is difficult to handle but that's another story. Anyway, for example, the PLC address N7:123 will translate to N7[123]

Hope that helps. Good Luck,

Yosi

I've used the mapping feature to maintain the links on RSView32 clients in the past, but should be similar experience w/InTouch. Worked pretty well.

The only catch was with string tags. If your PLC5 uses strings that could be a problem and you may have to update the tag InTouch tag database to direct map to string tags in the CLX.