Most common Protocol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_v2
In Germany I would guess more than 3/4 of all automation systems are Siemens based systems.

You unfortunate souls.

HAHAHA

Nothing wrong with being a controls electrician and getting into PLC and SCADA work - at least an idea about how things work. Sick and tired of 'piece of paper' people who do not have a clue! That includes electrical engineers!
Funny thing is I was approached by a company who wanted me to go and work for them doing controls design and then right through to commissioning the systems. Interview was with HR (hopeless or horrendous retards) and I did not even get an interview with the engineer because I did not have a Uni piece of paper!
They employed 3 people with a piece of paper and they all worked on the software for a large job the company installed. It was still under warranty when I had a call from their customer as nothing was working properly. The customer instructed them to pay me an hourly rate to fix the job - I re-wrote most of the software! Funniest thing that ever happened to me! Made good $$$$ as well.

Siemens isn't all that bad, its just different than AB, however the newer siemens is a lot closer to the Bosche / AB look and feel.
and siemens is a lot cheaper.
As far as most Controls guys being Masters equivalent, I would disagree, however I don't know many, I just know one. He did have a masters, and he wasn't nearly as good as he thinks he is. and a lot of maintenance / electricians do get into controls in Plants, that is because it is easy to know a little about controls, however actually studying controls and understanding is a very different thing.

I did not expect so many answers!!!

It was a general question, to see what will be the next one to study :)
I think Modbus won!!!

Thank you every one of you.