Tell us how your software was used

Dunlop Tires

Well African branch.......... All sorts of custom made programs. from the beginning to the end. From the initial mixers right through to the final testing. Even the calibration of these multitude of machines.

Good perk we got is that we got a set of tires every year......... For free.....🍻

I bet you cant guess what I make!!! LOL

If you purchased pie from Walmart, superstore or one any of the other grocery stores selling any variety of pie there is a good chance it came from Nova Scotia. Its amazing to see that there are currently three good to large sized plants, run by two big corporation players today in the small town of Kentville all making pie at an average rate of 100 per minute on any combination of 6 production lines. Who eats it all??? I don't know but I am thank full that they do.
Oddly enough from our new plant we can see the competitions plant (where I used to work:oops:) from our parking lot.

I think everybody should go out today and buy a pie!:nodi:

LOL.....

I am having a pie, chips and gravy when I opened this thread.

At work so I cant have a beer with it.... :mad:

Aah. So that is the reason for your member name........

Last edited:
If you ride on Michelin Tires, I programmed the first continuous rubber compounding line in NA

If you have screen windows, I worked on the Tentering Ovens, Yarn Coating, Wire drawing and looms.

If you drive a BMW Z3, I worked on the painted body line conveyor system.

If you have Asphalt shingles from CertainTeed, 100% chance I wrote the software on most aspects of shingle construction. If you have IKO, Tamko, GAF/Elk, Atlas or OC shingles, then about a 25% chance.

LOL.....

I am having a pie, chips and gravy when I opened this thread.

At work so I cant have a beer with it.... :mad:

Aah. So that is the reason for your member name........

Yup! Iv been in the pie business now for almost 6 full years.
Before this was dairy/milk production and before that was making wood siding for Louisiana Pacific> I see their products everywhere as well.

If you ever coloured with crayola crayons, drove across a swing bridge, purchased a spool of wire, have bumpers, locks, brake lines on your vehicle, seen through the board soldering, these are a few projects I have been involved in.

Plastic - injection, extrusion, blow molding...

Sit back and have a bottle of beer... Oh that was one too!

If you have Asphalt shingles from CertainTeed, 100% chance I wrote the software on most aspects of shingle construction.

So you're the reason I had to put a new roof on my house < 10 years.... that's a big "programming" error. :confused:

I once programmed a pH neutralization for inedible egg product. This was then sold off to pig farmers. Essentially I've affected anyone who eats bacon.

So you're the reason I had to put a new roof on my house < 10 years.... that's a big "programming" error. :confused:

I once programmed a pH neutralization for inedible egg product. This was then sold off to pig farmers. Essentially I've affected anyone who eats bacon.

So you're the one causing heart disease :rolleyes:

As for your roof, nope....likely your installer. Don't go with the guy on Craigslist next time :p

If you've ever removed the password protection from a PLC-5, bypassed the Norton USB drive security at GM, or converted a PLC-5 to Logix5k without the benefit of the Rockwell conversion tool, you may have used my softwarez.

Or am I completely missing the point of this thread?

If you've ever pumped a gallon of gas, or ridden in a fighter jet or helicopter.......

Yea I had nothing to do with any of that.

We create automated systems that clean the stuff that does all that stuff.

...well played. 🍺

Nope, that whole "organic" shingle fiasco.

Yeah, sorry about that...I wasn't involved with paper backed shingles, all mine are fiberglass substrate. I was around when they started ripping out all the wet felt saturator's and decommissioning the paper mills.

UK only: if you have ever eaten a certain brand of famous crisps and they were the flavour they said they were on the packet it might be because of my machine.
I didn't program a flavour machine but a crisp bag opener for when the flavour was different to what it said on the packet. (happens a lot - up to 10.000 bags saying smokey bacon but really cheese and onion) ;)

There's a machine that opens bags of crisps! That's on my Christmas list.

My stuff keeps the lights on in all sorts of buildings