photo eye delema

BOWRIDER

Hello guys (and gals)
I have an interesting dilemma, we have a process here that is controlled at one end by one plc and at the other end by another plc. Both are slc 5/04 processors using 1746 IV16 dc source input cards. My delema is I need to somehow take an input from two photo eyes that are currently wired to one of the plcs , and send that same signal to the other plc. How can I (tap into the signal when the inputs utilize separate power supplies?

If its not high speed you can use a relay.

Maybee the PH has dual outputs. If not you could use one that has.

To make sure one PLC has the reading you culd use an output of PLC#1 driving an input of PLC#2

You could use a small opto-coupler (directly translated from french must not be the good term).

Simple.

Have the photo eye activate a 2 pole KH style relay. wire the two inputs through the two isolated contacts on the relays.

In the case of the power supply for the photo eyes. Another relay will be picked and held by the "primary controller" If that controller goes off line, the relay will drop, and the contacts on the relay will switch the power supply to the other controller.

Mike.

Once you do this, chances are you will want to share other signals down the road. I would recommend, hooking up the two 504s and send the send the signal, along with any other you might want to share, back and forth between the two PLCs with DH+.