Compactlogix and C-more help

toddp65

I've downloaded my cmore and clx projects to their respective devices and have established communication and control.

One of the screens co2 has various analog inputs , scaled, from and SCP instruction.

The Boilers screen has the same.

The boilers screen analog displays work well.

The co2 do not. I get this PLC498; Error code 0x040000 returned from PLC on service form the C-more panel and the analog inputs do not display on the numeric display as well as the analog gauge.

The tags are REAL and were copied directly from the controller project when creating the tag in the tag name database in the C-more software.

I don't understand the issue. The logic is working well in the Studio project with no errors so it's not a tag issue. The input it's seeing is REAL tag, not an actual analog input as it was scaled. If that were the issue then the Boiler screen shouldn't work either but it does.

Cmore Ea9 Panel
Clx 5380

TIA

The error code indicates that the tag could not be located. Check for a typo in the tag name on the C-More side. The tag name must be identical on both sides. I'm not sure about case sensitivity, but check for that as well. Also, are tags that work controller tags and those that don't program tags or vice versa?

The error code indicates that the tag could not be located. Check for a typo in the tag name on the C-More side. The tag name must be identical on both sides. I'm not sure about case sensitivity, but check for that as well. Also, are tags that work controller tags and those that don't program tags or vice versa?

You're the winner, Steve.

For some reason those suspect tags are program scoped and not controller. Not sure how they got that way when I did the program all at one time???

No I just need to move them to controller tags....

In case you didn't know, if you press and hold the upper left corner of the touchscreen a system menu will pop up. One of the selections is to display errors, which will point you to the tags that are the offenders.

Keith

In case you didn't know, if you press and hold the upper left corner of the touchscreen a system menu will pop up. One of the selections is to display errors, which will point you to the tags that are the offenders.

Keith

Thanks Keith, I figured that out in the help file...I saw the suspect tags in fault section of the configuration but I couldn't figure out what was wrong with them (ultimately it was the program/controller scope issue).