Web Interface info to my HMI?

KingPresident

Super generic question...

I have an internet enabled device that shows me relevant curve data for my welds. The weld controller has the ability to display the data in a graph on the web browser, but all I get to my PLC is a pass/fail base on parameters in the weld controller. Can I get that Displayed value from the web browser to show up on my PanelView 700?

Maybe:

Simple:

• Find out the URL to get just the parameter you want.
  • Make the PLC GET that URL and parse the result.

Complex, probably not worth it:

• Open the web page that shows the parameter using a browser on the PC.
  • Save the page HTML and rename it to blah.txt
  • Attach the txt to a post here.
  • Hope the parameter is provided via HTML and not via Javascript or ActiveX
  • Find a way to make the PLC GET and then scrape that page.

What exact model and firmware revision of PanelView Plus do you have ?

If you have a PV+ 700 with "extended features" then it has Internet Explorer installed, and will support the ME Web Browser ActiveX object. Not the "Microsoft Web Browser" ActiveX, the "ME Web Browser" ActiveX.

If the browser object is straightforward HTML and not a Java feature, then you might be able to show the weld controller's information on your PV+ HMI.

What sort of granularity you can get (the "displayed value" versus the whole webpage) depends on the webserver. There might be a specific frame you can address with a URL.