ABB Automation builder

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I got a small project I'm going to make with ABB PLC.
I have used codesys before and I'm not a fan.
I try to use a TOF but with the ability to reset it when the time is counting, I can't find a Timer reset function and I can't have write access to the timer internal variables either. How is this supposed to be done?
/Tim

I know diddly about ABB and even less about Codesys, but in other timers I have seen disabling the timer executes a reset i.e. in ladder, if the rung feeding a TON goes false, or the rung feeding a TOF goes true, then the timer resets.

E.g. this is a poor-man's repeating timer using that feature, if the poor man doesn't care about accuracy. The XIO(FLASHER_TOF_DONE=T4:0.DN) resets the TOF on the next pass after each pass when the TOF Accumulator reaches 99, and then that same XIO restarts the TOF on the pass after that:

xxx.png

I Agree, unless their software is different, most timers will reset when the enable goes to false unless it is retentive.