Running PLC Programm

No Upload, just download as step 1.

FYI, for every PLC I've ever used, "Upload" means from PLC to PC, and "Download" means from PC to PLC. Might vary brand by brand, though.

FYI as well that Siemens does offer an API called Openness which allows you to make programmatic calls for 95% of the things you can do in the Engineering environment, including uploading the project. I think you would need to export it after that, if you wanted to access something like the PLC code from an external program.

Siemens software won't help you much for an AB PLC though.

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I am trying to write a string to an array Tag but I want to write to the next empty tag. Not sure how to do this since I am new to python. Any help would be appreciated.

Ex: ID_Data_Table_Name
Data type: string, 200

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I am trying to write a string to an array Tag but I want to write to the next empty tag. Not sure how to do this since I am new to python. Any help would be appreciated.

Ex: ID_Data_Table_Name
Data type: string, 200

So you have a a STRING array that is a length of 200, you need to write to all 200 STRING's? Or is your tag a custom STRING that is 200 characters long?

Edit. You should probably start a new thread rather for this. Give the details I asked for in the new thread and I'll help you out.

Last edited: