Crimson 3.1 increment addresses

ERCfarcontrol

I have a considerable amount of modbus register data tags from a plc already setup in crimson. I have them setup in alphabetical order with consecutive address nunbers. I have added a large number of data tags to the plc's modbus map that I want to insert alphabetically into crimsons tags. The plc program easily lets me insert data tags without manually incrementing the addresses of every tag. It will increment the addresses automatically when I insert the tag.

Is there an easy way to increment the addresses of tags that are already setup in Crimson?

Yes there is. When you create the tag you can use the Smart Duplicate icon at the top of the tag list. This will create a tag with the same name as the tag you started with with a under score and a number like Mytag_1. The newly created tag will increment the Modbus address by 1 over the original tag.

See the attached snips. I circled the Smart Duplicate icon.

Crimson 3_1 Modbus Smart Duplicate 1.png Crimson 3_1 Modbus Smart Duplicate 2.png

Smart duplicate is definitely a Time saver when adding new tags to the "bottom" of your data tag list. But what I want to do is insert a new tag with an address where one currently exists in the "middle" of the list, therefore requiring me to increment all of my addresses by 1.

For some PLCs Crimson allows you to export tag data from the PLC program and import it in to the Crimson program. Otherwise you can export all the Crimson tags and open them in a spreadsheet program, modify the PLC locations and then import back in to Crimson. To export Crimson tags go to the Tags Data tab in the Navigation Pane, click on 'Data Tags' header and on the middle of the screen you will find Export Tags and Import Tags.

I manually changed the addresses of 500+ tags last night. But very good to know for any future additions. I could have just added my new tags to the bottom of my list, with address that weren't being used already but they wouldn't have been alphabetically ordered, and my OCD just can't handle things like that.

I use Honeywell hc900's and their version of the g3 and crimson is called Honeywell station designer. It automatically imports TONS of data tags of your configuration. They still use the g3 hmi for now and but I wanted to move up to the graphite displays. The pros of the graphite outweigh the pros of the Honeywell g3.