Acquiring minimal Siemens software + license setup

You will be disappointed and wasting money

I coded sine, cosine and logarithm in ladder on a MicroLogix 1100 that didn't have them when I needed them, and I'm just poking around for fun, so it will take a pretty poor result to disappoint me.

But thanks for the heads up.

Your welcome
Just remember, no complaining when your struggling with your FleaBay purchases

And if you cure cancer with SCL code on your 1200. Let us know

Last edited:
it will take a pretty poor result to disappoint me.

Pretty poor results are what the early versions of Portal are known for (first version was v10.5, we're at v16 now about 10 years later). Good luck!

Your welcome
Just remember, no complaining when your struggling with your FleaBay purchases

Prophetic, that;)

Would anyone want to trade a spare v2.2 (or lower) 1214C for a v04.02.002 1214C (6ES7 214-1AG40-0XB0 ca. 06.2017)?

The seal on the box was broken but a few days ago, and it has not been powered up yet (though I could do that, if desired).

P.S. Even if yours has a bad channels or two.

IMG_20200328_133920.jpg

Last edited:
It's easier and cheaper than upgrading my TIA/Step7 stuff.

I would highly suggest you do the opposite. In my view you made a classic mistake of rushing to buy before doing enough research. I started with the CPU you are looking for V2.1 with relay output (first mistake) then purchased three V3.0 with DC output off ebay (second mistake though not as bad as the first) and by then I started developing for real world applications and purchased the latest hardware versions.

Bite the bullet and move on with a system you will learn a whole lot from and can use immediately in teal life.

I would highly suggest you do the opposite. In my view you made a classic mistake of rushing to buy before doing enough research. I started with the CPU you are looking for V2.1 with relay output (first mistake) then purchased three V3.0 with DC output off ebay (second mistake though not as bad as the first) and by then I started developing for real world applications and purchased the latest hardware versions.

Bite the bullet and move on with a system you will learn a whole lot from and can use immediately in teal life.

That bit about teal life ir doubsful (except for what I learned from my mistakes ;)), but I agree with the rest.

I think you need to remember these are not mass-market consumer products & the prices will always reflect that. If you're new to TIA Portal then go for the latest version you can and you will have a tool you can use for real applications. I would avoid V11 (or V12) as they are rather 'flakey'.

The starter kit is 6AV6651-7HA02-3AA4 and for the price you need to contact your local distributor.

A good place to start is with the S7-1200 easy book you can download from here https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/gb/en/view/39710145 but you will need to register on the Siemens support website (but free and very easy).

Jayne :)

It's easier and cheaper than upgrading my TIA/Step7 stuff.

The upgrades are free, you just need to do one at a time, Im running v15 but selling V16 if you need one

Also I thought you learned your lesson from buy on ebay? you can buy from me or get to know your local distributors... they only cost a few more bucks than ebay and they can help when you need it.

My South Carolina distributor had Siemens come in about once a quarter and gave us lessons, free lunch and showed us the new equipment... I did it several times and brought a couple of the guys that worked for me, I think those days are off for now but they were great little sessions, it was nice to meet people from here and from the industry.

Not constructive, but:

picard-facepalm.jpg