Schneider Momentum PLC

shazad5444

Lifetime Supporting Member
Dear Friends, This time I have been assigned a project, where machine has Schneider Momentum 171CCC78010, 171CCS7600 installed. I don't have previous experience of Schneider PLC system. I studied Unity Pro Rev 11 (Company gave me laptop where installed this software). I opened Unity Pro Rev 11 but can't see above mentioned modules, please help me and advise on followings,
1. Can we access these modules by Unity Pro V 11, if yes then is there any specific system to add module (like Rockwell ESD files)?
2. Anybody has an example program, where above modules are configured?
3. Any relevant literature about these modules configuration in the program?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Dear Friends, thank you very much for supporting and advising, I downloaded and install concept V 2.6 XL, but unfortunately these two controllers 171CCC78010, 171CCS7600 are not showing up there in configuration. Please advise how to add these controllers?

Don't know what to tell you. I'm using Concept 2.6 XL SR7 and when I go to create a new project and select Momentum from the PLC Family at the top, those two models are definitely there.

Hello Bryan, we are seeing these both controllers in Concept but they are with IEC and our modules are without IEC. As we try to connect with module it gives message "Controller Type doesn't match the PLC type in configuration database". Sorry to bothering you guys but don't know how to communicate with these controllers. It is old system and doesn't have documentations.

Hmmm...weird. My concept has both the 984 and the IEC versions in the list for both of those controllers. The only other thing I can think of is to try reloading the firmware with EXECLoader. Unfortunately, I can't give you any more info on how to do that or where to get the firmware files from. Good luck!

Did you install Concept with default settings or with all optional settings.
Thinking that IEC models where newer, so it maybe needs older installations also for old models
And you have all SP1-SP7 installed to above 2.6?

It is allready over 10 years when I last time opened concept so maybe I remember something wrong.

Last edited:
Honestly couldn't tell you (but I suspect it probably has all of the optional components installed because it was installed by IT and they wouldn't know what components are needed). All it says is Version 2.6XL SR7 so I would assume SR7 includes all of the previous SRs.