Setting up Crimson 3 emulator with rs emulate 5000

Gazzae

Hi there, I'm very new to all this and I would like to ask for a bit of advice.

If possible, can someone please point me in the right direction to configure crimson 3 emulator to communicate with rslogix emulator.

I have rslogix set up and running with the rs logix emulator, I'm just not sure on how to proceed with the communication settings in the crimson hmi setup for the crimson emulator. I have also made a project in crimson and the emulator runs fine, just cant connect to rslogix emulator.

Thanks.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

What Red Lion device are you emulating ?

In general, Emulate 5000 can only communicate through the RSLinx Classic emulator driver. It can't connect to external devices over Ethernet, or to devices that use TCP/IP even if it's local to the computer and doesn't literally leave via a network interface. I get that question a lot when folks want to test HMI devices or programs, and the usual answer is to deploy a SoftLogix 5800 controller, or a real hardware controller.

I don't know if the Crimson 3 emulator (or any hardware Crimson device) can act as an OPC client to a server other than their OPCWorx.