AB Kinetix 350 - Homing

Craaig

I'm not that experienced with AB and am implementing a servo system with Kinetix 350. I have POT and NOT connected and was planning to "home" to the NOT and not connect a separate "home" switch. Has anyone done this?

As I recall the K350 doesn't operate in a particularly friendly manner when the overtravel limits are tripped. You would think the axis would be able to move in the direction opposite the overtravel limit but I don't think this is the case. I think the user needs to manually move the axis off the overtravel limit before they can do anything.

This would mean that you wouldn't be able to use the NOT as a reference without also having to manually move the axis off the NOT after referencing.

Keith

On the Kinetix 5500, which only has 2 inputs, we send a MSG to the drive to temporarily change one of the over travel inputs to a HOME input when we home the system. Then back to overtravel once it is homed. KB765039 talks about this.