Linx Classic to Linx Enterprise transfer

careed_25

Is there an easy way to transfer the topics I configured using classic to enterprise. I have all my tags within studio se using the topic I configured in classic. I was wanting to copy these topics to enterprise and use that data server since it is more dependable. Will I have to do anything to the way I have the connections for objects addressed?

No, there's no real correlation between RSLinx Classic OPC Topics and RSLinx Enterprise FactoryTalk Live Data Shortcuts.

What I have done in the past is simply to delete all the RSLinx Classic OPC Topics and delete the RSLinx Classic data server, then re-create RSLinx Enterprise shortcuts with exactly the same names.

All the references in my project followed the name.

Your mileage may vary; I haven't tried this since version 3.20.

Linx Classic is pretty dependable. Is there any other reason you want to do that? If it ain't broken...

careed_25 said:
I was wanting to copy these topics to enterprise and use that data server since it is more dependable. Will I have to do anything to the way I have the connections for objects addressed?