VPN routers: e*W*o*n vs StrideLinx

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,
This topic was discussed as a secondary one in the link below, but I wanted to create a separate and updated thread:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=110408

I'm debating between using the proved e*W*o*n VPN routers my company has been using for a few years (we have over a dozen units in the field), and the new StrideLinx, that has the following advantages over the other one:
  • Cheaper
  • 5 GB free vs 1 GB free
  • Unlimited concurrent client connections vs 1
  • Unlimited mobile sessions vs 3
  • It has advanced rights management

I would like to hear from people already using the StrideLinx.

P.S.: remember to write "e*W*o*n", otherwise it will show up like ****

Thank you!

I only have two Stridelinx in the field, and one Co-sy. My comments in the other thread in your link pretty much cover my thoughts on them. They all work great, the Stride is a little bit simpler to set up and less expensive.

I'm curious as well. As for advanced right management, what's the level we are talking about?

For example, for two users, A and B, can I do this?

A: VNC to IP X and Y only.

B: VNC to IP Z and Etherent/IP to X and Y.

I only have two Stridelinx in the field, and one Co-sy. My comments in the other thread in your link pretty much cover my thoughts on them. They all work great, the Stride is a little bit simpler to set up and less expensive.
Thank you, OkiePC.

I've used quite a few Cosy 131 and a few Flexy so I'm interested in reviews on the StrideLinx as well.

E w 0 n has a version of eCatcher for mobile platforms. This allows you to create a VPN to your mobile device. I find this works very well for some of the HMI vendors like C-More whose remote apps aren't browser based.
Does Stride Linx have any similar capability?