OPC UA With a CM1542 modul ??

userxyz

Hi,

I'm curious if I will find someone who has some experience with OPC UA in TIA Portal :).

With a 1500 CPU you can set OPC UA Server active in the PLC. This way you can acces data with a OPC Cliënt. For testing I used the OPC UA Cliënt from the Siemens support Website, this one works well.

But..., anyone who knows how to acces the OPC UA via a CM1542, it seems unaccessible from that card. We did some tests without succes, on the CPU PN ports no problem, but via the CM1542 no succes..

Anyone experienced the same ?

View attachment IMG_20180719_130719_resized_20180719_011723696.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Kind regards,
Combo

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you can, which seems like a big oversight. The CM is generally used I think it took a couple revisions before you could view the web page over the CM/CP, could be a similar thing.

I was also surprised to see that the OPC server is active on ALL or NONE of the integrated interfaces of the PLC, with no way to be selective.

Last edited:
Found

Hi,

Well it was in the manual, OPC UA cannot work with CM card, only via the PN port. So we changed by buying a Matrikon OPC Server on the PC side to connect via the CM card to that 1500 CPU. For OPC UA we had to switch the networks else, and that was not logic for our standards.

Kind regards,
Combo