TIA POrtal: Copy Array of String to another

janner_10

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am using v14 with a 1215 dc/dc/dc.

I need to copy a 50 element array of strings to another 50 element array of strings.

I can work it out for the individual elements, but I dont want to this 50 times!

Move_BLK doesn't like strings!

Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Couldn't do it in ladder, this seems to work though!

IF #tempCopy THEN

"Data_TO_Scada".Previous_Pallet_Results_String := "Data_TO_Scada".Live_Results_String;
"Data_TO_Scada".Previous_Pallet_Results_Date_Time := "Data_TO_Scada".Live_Results_Date_Time;
"Data_TO_Scada".Previous_Pallet_ID := "Data_TO_Scada".Current_Pallet_ID;
"Data_TO_Scada".Previous_Number_Reads := "Data_TO_Scada".Current_Number_Reads;

END_IF;

I am using v14 with a 1215 dc/dc/dc.

I need to copy a 50 element array of strings to another 50 element array of strings.

I can work it out for the individual elements, but I dont want to this 50 times!

Move_BLK doesn't like strings!

Any suggestions?

Are you trying to move the whole array? If you, you can just use MOVE. When it asks you to enter the element, just use none. Individual elements would be arrayname[XXX], but you can access the whole array with just arrayname.

If you're trying to shift the array (moving 1-20 into 2-21, or whatever) then move_block_variant should work.

Try to organize your data in user defined Data Types, and assign this Data Type to "previous" and "live" structures.
Then you can do in one line:
"Data_TO_Scada".Previous := "Data_TO_Scada".Live ;

Or in Array of Data Type. Then you can do for example
"Data_TO_Scada".Data[0] := "Data_TO_Scada".Data[1] ;
etc.