Hardware configuration of a S7-414-2 DP CPU

SorenThorup

Hi

These questions are also created at Siemens network, but maybe there are more knowledge in here. (y)
https://support.industry.siemens.co...-a-s7-414-2-dp-cpu/196616/?page=0&pageSize=10

I have a problem with a CPU S7-414-2 DP PLC using Simatic Step 7 V14 (combo V5.6).

When I compare the project including the SDBs it will return with some hardware differences.

If I upload the hardware configuration to a new project and clicking "Open online" it tells me that the hardware isn't identical.

In 2016 the CPU was upgraded from the CPU 6ES7 414-2XG04-0AB0 / V4.0 to a CPU 6ES7 414-2XK05-0AB0 / V5.3 because configuring the old CPU and the CP 443-1 Advanced isn't possible.

If I look into the uploaded hardware configuration I can see an old CPU hardware configuration (CPU 6ES7 414-2XG04-0AB0 / V4.0) and the CP 443-1 Advanced communication card is missing.

If I'm using the web interface from the CP443-1 card the correct hardware configuration is showed (see attachment). This configuration is identical with the actual configuration at the PLC rack.

The PLC program is identical with offline program.

The CP 443-1 communication card is only used for collecting data for a Historian server (Wonderware)

I don't experience any problem with the PLC program and any functionality issues.

My QA and I do not like that the compare report are showing different hardware configuration and what are the consequences.

1. I'm guessing that the flash card wasn't updated with the new configuration or why is this happening?

2. What configuration is actual running at the PLC?

3. How to correct this?

I am guessing that the hardware configuration was loaded onto the CPU, but only to RAM.
In order to store hardware configuration or program blocks on the flash card, then the function "Download user program to memory card" must be used (That is what the function is called in Classic. Not sure what the same function is called in TIA). Also, this can only be done with the CPU in STOP.

edit: Be warned that you will loose all actual values in the DBs. They will be reset to the values of the offline project.
If this is a problem, it may be necessary to load all online DBs to your offline project before performing "Download user program to memory card"

Last edited:
Thanks Jesper for your reply.

I guess you are right and I have considered this too.

Because the CP443 card isn't used by the CPU the PLC accepts the "wrong" configuration.
We have had some power off most recent and the CPU battery has been replaced.

Think I need to upload the configuration and the merge the CP443 configuration to the project, and after that download to memory card in stop mode.

Sadly I need a production stop for doing this.