CP340 communication with proface touch screen

sttchui

Hi everyone,

I wonder did anyone try to configure the siemen CP340 communication unit to a proface touch screen before?

i have a CPU 313C with has only one com port, it is very troublesome for me to check the touch screen everytime i need to unplug or plug to the touch screen, that why we bought another communication port just for the touch screen.
The touch screen model is AGP3500 Proface

Previously i link the touch screen using the MPI port on the CPU313C, if i want to use the CP340 communication port , should i be still using MPI configuration or 232 configuration???
or should i write any special program to configure it???

i am confuse on how to configure the touch screen setting & the PLC setting. I will graceful if anyone out there can help me on this thing.

Please Help!

Thank you!

Regards,

sttchui

Hello sttchui.

That AGP3500 Panel seems to support the following protocols:

• 3964R. It is possible to connect to the CP340 via this protocol. But it requires extra programming and is a cludge if you ask me. Go to Siemens support for sample projects with CP340/3964R. There is also a manuals disk in the package.
  • MPI direct. Does "direct" mean it does not need an RS232/MPI converter cable ? If so, you could just have gotten a Profibus connector with a PG socket for the 313C. Then both panel and STEP7 could be online at the same time.
  • S7 Ethernet. A CP343-1 LEAN would have cost slightly more than the CP340. And the CP343-1 LEAN has an integrated switch so that it would have been easy to be online with both panel and PC at the same time. And with no need for a PC adapter for example.

I would not have chosen a CP340.