How do I program a PID controller using GX developer

vidy_9

Hi Everyone! My name is Vidy and I am new to PLC AND PLC PROGRAMMING
As Part of my final year project I have been tasked to program a PID controller using Mitsubishi GX developer to integrate it with a stepper motor and also with a incremental encoder for my project on improving the movement and speed of an automated-guided vehicle (AGV). Is there any solutions/advice you guys can give me as I am very new to ladder programming and was not able to find any online.

The PLC I am using is a Mitsubishi FX3U PLC and I am suppose to integrate it with a stepper motor (probably a hybrid) and an encoder.

Your help is kindly appreciated.

Welcome,
You could try downloading the Mitsubishi manual JY997D16701, it's the analogue control manual for the FX range of PLC's and is invaluable for analogue control, it also has many programming examples.

Steve

I have taken a look at the manual but there's a lot of things that I don't understand, as this is my first time getting my hands on PLC. Was wondering if there is any guide for me to follow up on how I can use ladder logic to program the PID controller for the AGV

If it's the first time you try to program a PLC then you "start the house from the roof".

You should start with something simpler, for example, with contacts and coils, then continue with some mathematical operation and bit shifting etc. and you will go step by step understanding the manuals better.