See Base Tag Alias Names From Tag List - Logix5000

plcdawg

Hi all. From looking at the controller tags list in Logix5000, how do I look at a local I/O base tag and see what alias tags are using it?

Example: what if I am tracing a real world input and want to see what all is using it? Is the only way to cross reference it and then look at the tags that come up??? Surely I am missing something....seems like it would be a column in the list but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance!

Just do it the other way around: Sort by Base Tag and and scroll to the I/O point you wish to look at. The alias tag will be right there.

That's the only way I have figured out to do it. Thought I might be missing a column or something. Would be nice to show module defined tags and see all the alias tags in a column. Maybe in a future revision...

Thanks for the input.

I haven't found a way to search forward from specific base tags either. But, instead of sorting the entire database, I narrow it down for easier viewing by using Cross Reference:

In the tag database, highlight your base tag bit and right-click for options.
(for example:Local:2:I:Data.4)
Click on "Cross Reference".
On the Cross reference page, at the bottom of the window are sort tabs.
Click on "By Tag"
While it lists all the aliases associated with the entire Local:2:I array, they're listed in order, so it's easy to find references to Data.4 there.

This was done in Studio 5000 Logix Designer v24.