RSLogix 5k Structured Text Editor - Show line no.

MHammer

Hi

I'm working on a project in structured text in RSLogix 5k.
When I verify my program it shows the errors and warnings in the buttom of my screen.
Each with a line number. "ERROR: Line 76, ; exspected!" etc.

Is there a way to show the number of each line in the left side of the window?
So I don't have to count from the top, in some small cases.

//Hammer

Last edited:
No idea.

My quick solution is just to copy the routine, and drop it into an UltraEdit window.

There must be a way to enable it. I know that you can click on the warning/error and then see it right away, but it would be nice to see all line/row numbers.

Thanks for the answer.

//Hammer

Yes, it is working, but sadly not the solution I'm looking for. But Ctrl+G let's me search for the specific line.

//Hammer

Sadly RA doesn't offer solutions a lot of the time, you get workarounds. This is one example. They just recently offered regions in the structured text editor. Other editors have had this for years, so maybe line numbers will come next decade.

Phrog30, okay I'll have to live with that. As of now, my program is not that big that it would make a significant difference, but I just wanted to be a little prepared when the day comes :)

Thanks for all the answers :)

//Hammer

This looks interesting. Do you have any other details on it?
No, I did not see any other details but I hope something will be presented next week during the Automation Fair.

BTW - anybody is going to Houston? I am flying there tomorrow.

if you look at the bottom right of the screen it will show you the line number you are currently on.. not exactly what you wanted but that is what I use to check when scrolling through a huge file.

That or copy and paste it into notepad++