1734 ib8s

dhuber

Hi Everyone.

I have a 1734 IB8S point I/O slice in an 1734-Aentr rack. I have configured the ip address, can see other non safety I/O slices in the rack, and in RSLinx i can see the safety I/O as well.
In ControlLogix, on the properties screen of the IB8S, under the safety tab, Configuration Ownership is ???. I try to reset the ownership and nothing happens. I have other I/O on other racks that it says the configuration ownership is local. All the manuals say is to just reset ownership and then set the Safety Network Number.
What am I doing wrong? What do I need to do to get this card configured?

Thanks.

no sure but is you have a ! triangle you need to click on the card about the 4th tab and acknowledge the setup of the card - this may be the problem