Reading RSLinx or VBP diagnostics via CIP MSG from RSEmulate

Nomographer

Lifetime Supporting Member
I use RSEmulate V20 and RSLinx Classic Gateway to interact with a simulator and an HMI. Sometimes, a system will become less stable and responsive if left running for days at a time. I currently troubleshoot from RSLinx by reading the Communication Events log and examining the screens for CIP Diagnostics and Driver Diagnostics.

Is there a way to have a MSG instruction read any of this information? It would be nice to put this data into points that I could then read via OPC.

Similar Topics

I configured a Historian that has 22 data sources (all remote Wonderware nodes). Some are DASABCIP, most are DASMBSerial, and one is WWRSLINX...
Replies
Views
Currently, we are using RSLinx OEM for an OPC server and connecting to an L35 CompactLogix. I am reading correct data for some tags in the...
Replies
Views
Can anyone tell me the proper I/O address format to use for doing this? I've done this a million times with Modicon, but that driver doesn't...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am trying to find a way to receive information from a PLC without using RSlinx. If I am talking serially, can I write an...
Replies
Views
Trying to setup a message read via Ethernet. I have the path setup as 1, 1, 2, 192.168.66.10 I get an error code 1, ext err 315. I am beating...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom