wonderware intouch

stu

hi guys
I need your expertise , I have a project converting a project from intouch to gp pro ex (proface) the software I have is on an old laptop win 2000, factorystudio 2000 7.1 version with licenses I can only open the file as a runtime is there a way in seeing the alarm tags and messages used from the file ? that I can view?
thanks stu

No you will need development software and the .WIN files will need to be in the application if you want to open the screens in development to see how they are animated. Some OEMs lock their apps by deleting all the .WIN files making it a run-time only.
Once you open in development you can export the tags and alarms and use Excel to copy them to another HMI software import file. That will save you a lot of typing.

No you will need development software and the .WIN files will need to be in the application if you want to open the screens in development to see how they are animated. Some OEMs lock their apps by deleting all the .WIN files making it a run-time only.
Once you open in development you can export the tags and alarms and use Excel to copy them to another HMI software import file. That will save you a lot of typing.

Is it possible to open an application in WindowMaker if it is missing it's .WIN files? I've never attempted it.

No the .WIN files are the development file for the screen. The .WVW files are the compiled run-time screens and I know of no way to de-compile them.

Thanks guys , in factorysuite what’s the steps in exporting the tags/alarms to csv file
Does it show the message on the alarms and tag ?
Thanks stu

Thanks guys , in factorysuite what’s the steps in exporting the tags/alarms to csv file
Does it show the message on the alarms and tag ?
Thanks stu

Open InTouch Application Manager. Verify that the correct application is selected (assuming that multiple applications are listed) and choose DB Dump. Select the path and filename that you'd like to use to store the .cvs file.

Thanks is that the same for the alarms

"Alarms" are merely tag attributes. Any tag can have an alarm associated with it, or not. In older versions of InTouch, the tag "Comment" was used as an alarm text message for an alarm display, but in newer versions there is a separate "Alarm Comment" entry. I think that started somewhere around Version 8 or 9.

When you open the .csv file, you'll find all of a given tag's attributes listed in the various columns. Different data types have different attributes available.