Updated FactoryTalk View to 10.00. Now having issues with RS Linx Enterprise.

Rob S.

Happy Thanksgiving ,

I just recently updated my FactoryTalk View to version 10.00. Now I'm having issues with RS Linx Enterprise. Cannot drill down to my processor to PLC , Cannot see my Panelviews when downloading using Transfer Utility, and a few other strange things. Have any of you had this problem , and if so, what did you guys do to fix it ?

Thanks so much and have a great day ,

Hello, I have seen FTView 10 only once but I thing it has changed in therms of RSLinx Enterprise and how you configure your connections.
What you experience might be normal and you set up/browse your devices different way.

Correct me if I am wrong guys.

Thanks ,

I would think that the correct FactoryTalk Service Platform would install with FactoryTalk View 10.00, unless the same is used for RS Logix 5000 .

Where do you see what version of FactoryTalk Service Platform you are using ?

Chopin , yesterday is when I first noticed that I no longer could drill down to my processor in my Shortcut in FactoryTalk View Studio ME. I had to had a device . In Transfer Utility I don't have that option . It is so discouraging because I'm behind in this project , but now I'm dealing with Rockwell issues .
I probrobly have enough of my own program errors to deal with , and not enough time to deal with Rockwell issues.

Thanks again,

Right I dig out the right VM with FTView 10

First thing is to add a comms server. Right click and add it.

It should now appear in the project tree. Double clisk on it to open a comms setup.

Then in the new window right click and add a driver you need. Once this is done you should be able to add the correct device.

Hope it make sense and helps a bit

1.png 2.png 3.png

Thanks for the time your investing in this.

I looked in installed programs and I have ....
FactoryTalk Service Platform 3.00.00 and FactoryTalk Linx 6.00.00.

You can't open FactoryTalk Linx separate , correct ? It is embedded in FactoryTalk View , correct ? When I do what you said , will it correct my issue in Transfer Utility , you think ?

FT Linx is a Rockwell product data server. I do not think you can open it directly. It is embedded in all Factory Talk products - Historian, Vantage Point ect.

You have to try it, I was able to setup a communication and seems to be working but i do not have hardware only using emulator.

Once you follow the steps I have suggested. There is one more thing I have not mentioned. You need to copy your design settings to your runtime by pressing a button (see image)

1.png

Yes Sir , that is what I had to do yesterday. What I am trying to do now is download my runtime application to a Panelview Plus 700. So you think if I setup my FactoryTalk Linx in Explorer , that the link I connect in Transfer Utility ?