Rockwell Factory Talk View SE with windows 7

msynco

Has anyone here successfully used the View SE software under windows 7? I have gotten Linx Pro, Logix 5 and Logix 500 to work, but I cant get the Factory Talk directory setup for some reason. I am running Windows virtual PC in XP mode. When I try to run the Factory Talk Directory Configuration Wizard, it tells me I cant setup the FT directory from a remote client. I have searched high and low to no avail.... Suggestions or ideas, anyone?

I just tested SE 5.1 on 7 and was able to get it to work. It is not supported by Rockwell but they "say" 6.0 is suppose to be released around Sept or Oct and will support 7.
Also, I have ran into that same issue about FT directory but I haven't use 7 with XP mode so I can't help with that exact issue.

HTH

XP Mode has it's share of problems with automation warez and many others.

If you need to run it in a virtual enviroment( which FT View Does)then you would be much better served making a virtual machine in VM Ware or the free Virtual Box.

Both options would require a xp license which in the oem version can be had from 50-150 dollars depending on where you purchase from.

Yes you can run factory talk in windows7. but the processor will work at 32 bit.. more ever you try with window7 professional. i have been using it one of my site