Flashing a PF 525 control section problems (Win 10)

I'm having an issue using the supplied PF52XUSB file to flash my programs. I was able to use it to flash the control section of my 525 drives when I had Windows 7 installed.

My company had us upgrade our machines to Windows 10 and since then I haven't been able to get the flash to finish. It starts to flash and gets to around 25-40 blocks before stopping any movement for up to 30 minutes. It never recovers.

I've tried running the program as Admin and running it in compatibility mode down to Windows XP with no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this issue before? If so, how did you fix it? I'm pretty much at my wit's end here.o_O any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. Unfortunately I'm with a rather large company that heavily manages my laptop. I may have to go this route, but I would prefer not to if I don't have to.

As of Feb of 2017, there is not yet a validated USB transfer utility that works with W10. But one thing mentioned in the KB on this is possibly tied to USB3, they make a recommendation to try it by plugging into a USB2 port.

As a general rule, Windows 10 compatibility has been a struggle for everyone. I've heard that Rockwell has a small army of programmers camped out in Microsoft offices working on this, but the big software packages got priority, so they have not yet drilled down into all the little things.

Last edited:
Last time I had some issues flashing a 525 via USB I just switched over to Ethernet and it worked fine.

Also in my "adventures" of running W10, I found that a lot of little quirks were remedied once I re-installed W10 first, and then the AB garbage starting with the newest versions rather than installing the older versions first (mainly both Studio packages as RS500 never had an issue across any OS).

If your company just did the W10 upgrade over W7 and had everything already installed you're going to find a lot of bugs.