OPC for Siemens S7 300 via cp5611

Sawatdeekrap noomj.

You cannot use the PC adapter with Siemens OPC software.
However, you can use the PC adapter with Kepware OPC software.

You can use the CP5611 (PCI card) or the newly released CP5621 (PCI express card) with Siemens OPC software. The CP5611 is not so much more expensive, but much better than the PC adapter for a permanent installation.

sawatdee krab Jesper
How can you know thai word , Have you ever come to Thailand ? very surprise for me.
Thank you for your reply but I still have some question
1. "You cannot use the PC adapter with Siemens OPC software.
However, you can use the PC adapter with Kepware OPC software."

actually I use TS adaptor with Kepware OPC with MPI but it does not work
How can I set up this connection ? (I use ts adaptor with S7 Manager and it works well)
2. " You can use the CP5611 (PCI card) or the newly released CP5621 (PCI express card) with Siemens OPC software."
What is Siemens OPC software ? Simatic Net or the other software ?
I think "simatic net" is too complicate and too big for our system

Thank you for your help

Hi again noomj.

Yes, I have been to Thailand. :)

I havent used kepware myself, so I cannot tell you what goes wrong. I only know that kep advertise on their website that their OPC server works with the PC adapter. Maybe someone else on the forum knows.

I have posted a guide for setting up OPC with Simatic Net in the downloads section. It is not so difficult if you start out with this guide. In any case I am willing to help.
Anyway, the Siemens software package you would need in connection with the CP5611 is Simatic Softnet Profibus S7 (also works with MPI).

I to have visited Thailand (perhaps due to my girlfriend being Thai).
Anyway.
We use simatic net on a couple of scada's it's a beast of thing, masses of code, falls over regulary, takes an age to load * search for hardware, stick to kepware is my suggestion.

Hi parky.

The "masses of code" confuses me ? Which code do you mean ?

The bad thing about Simatic Net is that it is split up in 4-5 subprograms where you have to know which few settings to use. But when you know which settings then it takes 5 minutes to setup. The guide will help with this.
As to "falls over regularly" then that is not my experience, and I think I have setup 20-30 installations with Simatic Net and OPC.

And kepware, well the only available driver type for MPI is for the PC adapter, and I do not recommend that for a permanent installation.
If you need an alternative to Simatic Net that will work with the CP5611, then look at Deltalogic.

Must admit we only have two using simatic net & both on ethernet, however when loading it takes ages searching for hardware before running.
We have had a number of instances where a configuration file seems to get corrupted, by opening up the configuration & save as cures it.
I did not install this but the supplier has had these problems before, they are a very experienced company who do a lot of work for major british & overseas companies.
They recommended changing to another opc vendor (can't remember which).
However we recently upgraded a system & used kepware & this works a treat.