Missing Omron password

alan

I have in my possesion, an older Omron PLC without manuals. This is a left over from an old project from the late 1980s. The model is Sysmac C200h Programmable Controller CPU01. I also have the PRO27 programming console and cable. When all connected together and powered up the console displays <PROGRAM>, <MONITOR>, or <RUN> (depending upon the key position) on the first line and PASSWORD! on the second line. Asside from the fact I havent a clue as to what the original password may have been, pressing any console key results with several plaintive beeps. I suspect this it the standard responce of a new unit. Since Omron no longer supports this unit, there are no guides on there web site, no help from that direction. Can anybody in this forum clue me in as to the steps needed to unlock this unit or do I have a nice big fancy paper weight?

That worked! Thanks. Now the display says memory error. I have no manuals on this unit. I guess a start would be something to explain what to do with issues such as the password and memory error. Pressing CLR takes care of the memory error. Now I need to get a feel for programming this device.

Last edited:
I am a tad late getting back to this forum, and down loading the zips you have provide the links too. I found this PLC in an abandoned instrument control enclosure a few weeks ago while inventorying equipment as part of a decommissioning activity. The company I work for is moving.
The SYSMAC C200H module is mounted on a back plane along with three other modules: a DA001, an ID001, and an OC221 module. I suppose the first is a digital to analog module, second may be a digital input module and the last output control. I am sure you will set me straight on these units. Other than study PLC applications and programming, I am not sure what I will do with the Omron. My imagination leads me to thinking of replacing the banks of custom switch panels we use and are continuously modifying for new test.

Thanks for the downloads Jay

Alan

You're right on the ID001 and the OC221 modules being digital I/O. Everything you need on these modules will be found in the Installation manual above.
The C200H-DA001 is a D/A analog output module and the link to the manual is below.
C200H Analog Operation Manual
Regarding applications, you can't beat a better site than this one for traditional and "off-the-wall" applications.

Hi, in relation to this, I have researched that a CX Programmer Ver 3.0 can be used to program this C200H PLC. I would like to know if Ver 6.1 can also be used, considering I already have the host link unit and programming cable?

Hi everyone, I also have an OMROM PLC C200H. Do you know how can I get the password using CX Programmer? I don´t have the PRO27 programming console. Best regards

The C200H referred to above did not have a password. This is just how to access the unit using the handheld device.
If you are using CX-Programmer then it will prompt you for the password if one has been programmed in the PLC unit.

I hope this helps you out.
Regards,