ControlLogix Fault Routines

ace1109

Hello,

First post here. I am currently interning at a company and learning the ControlLogix System. My project that I am tasked with is looking if it possible to try to predict PLC hardware faults. Specifically, looking at ways to predict or at least handle faults in DeviceNet and EN2T cards, Analog and Discrete Cards, and Processors.

Is it possible to access data points within the PLC such as System Temperature or CPU Usage(Not using Task Monitor)? I foresee these as being potential Key Performance Indicators. I can not find much on this.

As a addendum: what is the difference between a controller fault and a program fault realistically -- would a hardware fault always trigger a controller fault?

Appreciate any help in advance!

Thanks.

Hello,

First post here. I am currently interning at a company and learning the ControlLogix System. My project that I am tasked with is looking if it possible to try to predict PLC hardware faults. Specifically, looking at ways to predict or at least handle faults in DeviceNet and EN2T cards, Analog and Discrete Cards, and Processors.

Part of that task is very simple- IF YOU HAVE DEVICENET YOU WILL HAVE FAULTS!